Detta gör ryttarna på väg hem
1. Eat. “I often forget to eat at a big three-day event” said one rider, “but I make up for it on the way there and on the way back! I can hone in on McDonald’s from miles away.”
2. Sleep. “My groom can drive, and for this event most of us shared trucks, so there were lots of drivers. Frankly I have just come from Burghley and am going onto Blenheim; this is a great time to catch up on the sleep I miss through worrying when I am competing.”
3. Learn dressage test? “Hell no! Tempting fate — we have to get through the vet inspection first!”
4. Catch up on office work. Emails and entries seemed to be the most often mentioned.
5. Play #theracetoblair (or wherever) on Twitter and with other competitors. “Well you know some people are going to be slow on the journey — the same ones who get 50 times penalties on the cross country, usually. I will probably get 60 because I said that.”
6. Clean their boots.
7. “Practise my English so I can answer the strange questions of journalists!”
Så arbetar Ridsport
Grunden i vår journalistik är trovärdighet och opartiskhet. Det vi publicerar ska vara sant och relevant. Ridsport är oberoende och fristående i förhållande till ekonomiska, privata, politiska och andra intressen.